Sunday, July 31, 2011

Beauty in a Lamp Post

This morning I came across this photo:

Prague

It really struck me, and lead me to contemplate lamp-posts. There's a certain enchantment with the soft glow of street lamps. The intricate metal cut outs and light orbs leave one with a sense of magic and hope. How can you feel lost among the warmth of a perfect line of light?

The use of street lamps in art, I feel, adds a sense of peace. Almost like home. Then, you get wonderful techniques that incorporate glares and reflections, taking some pieces to a whole new level...

In fact, lamp posts are SO beautiful, they're used in some of the most iconic works of entertainment. Like literature:

And in film:

How can you go wrong? There is such an inspiring feeling when in the company of these radiant creatures. I know I always feel better when they're around. Like, something magical is about to happen.

1 comment:

  1. Very informative and impressive post you have written, this is quite interesting and i have went through it completely, an upgraded information is shared, keep sharing such valuable information. Most Beautiful Brown Eyes

    ReplyDelete