Sunday, August 21, 2011

Beauty in a Mini-Vacation

A few days ago a dear friend of mine visited. We took a day and drove to Twin Falls Idaho (a few hours from where I live) to see the falls and do some exploring. A successful day was had, and many beautiful photos were taken. Did I mention my friend is a tremendous photographer? Because he is. Incredible.*

It was really nice to take a moment from life and enjoy nature, adventure, and good friendship. Shoshone Falls was breathtaking, as it always is, and we found a few other gems among the Snake river.


We didn't have cash with us, so driving to the viewing area was denied us. However, we decided to hike ourselves to the falls. Other than being a little warm, it wasn't half bad. I've always believed that walking to a place makes it more of a journey. When you finally arrive, you've had an entire experience before you even get to your destination. It's nice to have two stories to tell instead of one. Plus, you see so much more. That's how you find the good stuff...


After taking in all we could of Shoshone Falls, we decided to look around, and see what else we could find in the area. We stumbled upon this beautiful bridge:


Whilst trying to find the Evel Knievel jump site, this baby appeared as if from nowhere. We never did find the official jump site, but the sense of adventure, and the surprise of this engineering beauty, was just as good. I'm glad we decided to be curious. Honestly, I don't think I've ever truly regretted following my curiosity. It's how we learn, and discover. Being curious adds a little twinkle to our lives, and can makes you feel alive. It's nice to feel some of that fire.

It was a lovely day, and I'm so thankful my friend was able to visit and take a little "day-cation" with me. We had some much needed fun, and found more beauty than could ever be imagined.

*Please click-through for the photo credits. He has some amazing stuff, and is another starving artist, quite like myself. He'd really appreciate a looksee...

1 comment: