Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Beauty in Moving Furniture


For the last few weeks my household has been rearranging furniture. Over and over again. We just haven't been able to get it right. Our living room is not so much oddly shaped, just... small. And I guess a bit oddly shaped too. Needless to say, it's been a mess. Time and time again, we've redone it. Nope, not right. Nope, not right. Nope, not right.

But today...

Today, I think we finally have it. The room is open, we have maximized seating, and there's even room for the coffee table. It's so refreshing! I feel like we have a new house! We're comfortable, we're nice and cool, we're happy...

Throughout my entire life, I've been a "furniture rearranger". Every few months I change it all around. I suppose it's one of those things that makes me feel alive. It not only refreshes the entire space, it stimulates my senses to walk into a room I once knew and now know in a whole new way. I love it. It's like the air is clearer. I can take deeper breaths. Whatever space I've just "redone" is now more perfect, and more mine. I put my heart and soul into it all over again. Where I live is very important to me. It needs to reflect me, and put me at ease. I need to feel delighted and relaxed at the same time. Every time I rearrange, It's a little more me. And, I just love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment