Friday, August 12, 2011

What's Cooking Wednesday?

Yes. I am quite aware that it is Saturday. But, I'm not one who does things the "normal" way. There isn't much fun in that. Also, my internet was out.

On to my kitchen experiment...

I traveled most of the day, and needed something which didn't require a grocery store visit, and could be done in about fifteen minutes. In the freezer, I found these bad boys:


I also had a lovely can of cherry pie filling. Now, I know it was borderline cheating, but I put my hands together and made little cherry tart-like creations. And, I'll tell you what, they were some of the tastiest things I've ever concocted! Absolutely divine. All of them were gone in about twenty minutes.

And so simple! You just thaw the puff pastry, cut it to the size you want, add the pie filling, and pinch it closed. Bam! You're done. Bake it and you've got yourself the easiest, yummiest, tartlets in all the land. I slit tiny lines in the top, because they always look like that in Disney movies, which made them so pretty. I'm a firm believer that when something is pretty, it tastes better. Presentation is very important.

I'll be repeating this recipe as soon as I can get my hands on more of that puff pastry. So delicious. And, be sure to sprinkle a little sugar on them too, before you put them in the oven. That way, they sparkle. Who doesn't want their food to sparkle?!

Finding something so wonderful and so simple really made my week. My family enjoyed them, and they quickly brought some delight into our hectic day. Oh! I just thought of how great they'd be with tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment