Wednesday, August 24, 2011

What's Cooking Wednesday?

Today was a test. I just want to start with that. I've had a rough one. So, I needed a really phenomenal piece for my What's Cooking Wednesday segment. I think it's safe to say I found one. It was easy, it was fun, it was scrumptious.

Last week, whilst scrolling through my Tumblr, I found this little gem:


Awesome! And, the directions were right there! It was perfect. Bought myself a white cake mix, a box of food coloring, and a stack of plastic cups. Now, before I go any further, I need to tell you about the food coloring. I found NEON. Neon food coloring. So totally rad. I was very excited to try it out. It worked great! I will point out that it's a little more pastel rather than neon, but to have purple and pink was super duper fun. Back to the cake... I just made it according to the directions, and poured an even amount into the cups. Then I dropped the batter into my cake pan all Jackson Pollock like and... ta da!! Tye Dye cake! Bake it, frost it, and you've got yourself a beautiful and groovy dessert. I didn't add the mustache, however. I think they're fun, and I am tickled by the fact that they're a bit of a trend right now, they're just not quite my style. Unless you're Captain Hook, and that's a horse of a different color.

Mine wasn't quite as pretty, but I'm still very happy.


Good times! I had so much fun with this cake. Maybe looking forward to it for almost a week added to the excitement. All I know is it was yummy and I had a good time. What more could a girl ask for at the end of a trying day?

2 comments:

  1. It is a very informative and useful post thanks it is good material to read this post increases my knowledge. Solotica Natural Colors Quartz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked your Information. Keep up the good work. Solotica Hidrocor

    ReplyDelete