Wednesday, August 17, 2011

What's Cooking Wednesday?

Apple cinnamon tarts! Sort of. Don't get me wrong, they were tasty. They just weren't the best thing I've ever concocted. Although, they were very easy, and I would definitely recommend them as a breakfast food. Here's how I did it:

I started by squishing the cinnamon rolls flat. Really smushing them. Then, I stretched them out as far as possible, making sure not to rip any holes. If I did stretch a hole, which happened more than once, I just pinched it closed. Now that my cinnamon rolls were pancake flat, actually... even flatter, I placed them on the cookie sheet. I lined the baking sheet with foil, just in case. I opened up a can of apple pie filling and plopped one apple chunk and plenty of goo (forgive me for not knowing the culinary term for "apple pie goo") on each roll. Then I just folded them over and pinched 'em closed. Done! Tossed those puppies in the oven for about ten minutes at 400 degrees.

Upon pulling them out of the oven I learned that cinnamon roll dough doesn't like to stay closed. Each and every one of them popped open. However, it was only a little. They really didn't look too horrible. Kind of like little apple cinnamon tacos. They were great too! I added the icing that came with the Pillsbury package, and my family and I pigged out on "apple cinnamon tarts" the whole evening. The roll was golden brown, the cinnamon was just right, the apple was sweet, and the goo was... gooey. All of which harmonized perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment